Confused with Mother's treatment plan

Options
2»

Comments

• sm012023
    sm012023 Member Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Thank you @cmb for mentioning the diaper cover. I got these on Amazon and so far it has been pretty helpful in preventing night leaks!

Now, another issue that I am seeing with my mother is that she is too restless when it comes to any clothes. She keeps saying that everything (even L and XL) is tight for her while she is hardly 110lbs and 4ft 11" tall. By any chance, wondering if 'restlessness' is a side effect that happens to cancer patients after chemo?

Sometimes, in the nights, I have had to change her clothes 4-5 times because of her restlessness.

When I talked to one of the doctors, I got Ativan (Lorazepam) as a prescription medicine but since it is too strong, I have not given her that.

So been looking for other alternate natural choices to help the restlessness.

Thank you!

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,370 Member
    edited June 2023 #23
    Options

sm, your mom has a lot going on. If you are willing, could you give us recap of what the second opinion produced? Is your mom still on chemo and how did the PET scan go? Did they try the 'targeted' approach you mentioned? I think that was about 2 months ago so I didn't know if there was any new/different treatment prescribed after that, or if some treatment had changed.

• sm012023
    Options

@NoTimeForCancer

Thank you for your prompt response.

Sorry I didn't keep you updated on the progress from here.

Yes we saw a second oncologist who got the Caris (NGS) TESTING done and there it was identified that hormone therapy would be beneficial to my mom. So the oncologist has started my mom on Anastrozole tab (1mg) a day and she has been on that since May 16.

The PET scan showed a slight increase in the tumor size (and no new tumors). The oncologist thought that the increase of tumor size is not alarming given that her chemo was stopped in Feb and this scan was done in May.

And that's when he put her on Anastrozole.

So that's we stand with regard to her treatment.

The main issue she has now is this restlessness making it hard for me to Wfh and monitor her. So i have found a daycare for folks like her where I want her to spend a few hours in a day just to keep her mind off. I hope that's good for her. Nevertheless, really want to help her clothes' restlessness and also her loss of focus.

Thank you for any tips you may have🙏

• sm012023
    Options

@NoTimeForCancer sorry about the typo since I have been typing from my phone 🙏

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options

No need to apologize! Sometimes I think I am typing what my mind is thinking but I clearly 'skipped ahead' in my brain and forgotten words.

Appreciate the update and glad to hear about the change in doctor and treatment. I did look at the drug, Anastrozole, and it is possible that what she is experiencing could be a side effect. Maybe worth dealing with to help her treatment, but here is what I read: