No nipples

Options
Zeet
Zeet Member Posts: 3 Member
edited April 2023 in Breast Cancer #1

Oook, im new here as of today. i am 68, not married and have been a breast cancer survivor for 5 years now.

the concern is starting a new relationship. you see no-one has seen my body post reconstruction ( which was to have abdominal flap transferred to breast area ... hence... no nipples). it frightens me.

anyone else ? solutions?

Comments

• steph57
    steph57 Member Posts: 19 Member
    Options

if you have a great relationship your significant other he or she will love what's in your heart not what your body looks like.

• steph57
    steph57 Member Posts: 19 Member
    Options

• Zeet
    Options

Thanks for your kind encouraging words 😊

• mayeuxsherri1
    mayeuxsherri1 Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I am 73 and will have surgery on April 3 - double mastectomy and flap reconstruction. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in the left breast and then an MRI showed masses in the right breast. During that period of time, I had genetic testing and tested positive for the BRCA1 mutation. If all goes well with the surgery, in six months I will have my ovaries and tubes removed. I am not married and would be happy to meet someone. I should hope they accept me for the kind of person I am and not because I no longer have my natural breasts. Best of luck to you.

• Zeet
    Options

Best of luck to you going forward. Thank you for sharing and responding. 😊

• bareinkkendall
    bareinkkendall Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Hi Zeet! If you are interested, consider getting your areolas and nipples tattooed! It is an option and the insurance does cover this service! I am a Paramedical Tattoo Artist based out of San Diego. If you aren't located here, Google someone nearby!

Kendall - BareInk

• klweart53
    klweart53 Member Posts: 1 *
    Options

I was 42, when I first had breast cancer, had a tram on the right and got a nipple tattoo, no one cared, I married 3 years later and we just celebrated 25yrs.