Another cancer diagnosis

2»

Comments

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member

So sorry to see this CS, especially with having to deal with this again. I know you are strong and positive. Try to exercise (under doctors guidance) leading up to surgery.

Even walks and maybe some stretching ahead of time can help with recovery. I first dipped my toe into that before they took part of my lung in 2017. Walked/jogged for 4 weeks or before the surgery. I was told it would help with recovery and get me out quicker. It wasn’t a crazy amount of working out, but it did help. I was in and out within 36 hours.

Thoughts with you for quick healing and NED.

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 784 Member

Thanks New…..I know walking is so good and that’s something I’ve done most of my life. I’m putting on my brave face and hope it helps. lol

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member

June 16th, on my calendar. I will be sending all my good thoughts your way.

You've got this!

Tru

• SnapDragon2
    SnapDragon2 Member Posts: 714 Member

My goodness!

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

• Canadian Sandy

My surgery was moved to may 24th and I’m all finished now. I was posting in a thread named update…..sorry if I confused you. Everything went well and now waiting for the pathology report. Take care Tru.

• Canadian Sandy

Thank you SnapDragon2. All done now and on the mend.

• Trubrit

I no doubt confused myself. Probably by not reading the thread properly.

So happy that you are done with the surgery and recovering. I hate the waiting part, it seems to take so long.

Big hugs heading your way.

Tru

• Trubrit

One more week, and I hope recovery is going well.

What is the next step, or is there a next step?

I have been thinking of you.

Tru

• Canadian Sandy

Hi Tru…..thanks for your concern. I just got home from bingo and I’m doing very well. It’s 3 weeks today and I still haven’t heard from anyone re the pathology report even though I keep asking them to have someone phone and tell me. I understand as I know they are very busy but hope they phone soon. Not to concerned as one of the surgeons told me that he removed two lymph nodes and everything looked clean. I had stage 1 and chemo is not required for stage 1 or 2 uterine cancer. Radiation may be offered.

hope you are feeling okay these days. It’s very comforting to know my forum friends are so caring and there for me when I so need them. Thanks again guys!

• Canadian Sandy

its official…Ned once again! Thanks to the dreaded ct scan that caught it while I was still stage 1. I’m not sure when I’ll get a ct scan again but be happy for one as it may catch something still in an early stage. Good luck to all.

• Trubrit

Way to go, Canadian Sandy!

I think it is definitely party time.

Tru

• Canadian Sandy

For sure!! I am so blessed and so thankful for my wonderful care. Hope I can stay out of the hospital for awhile now. 😎🤪

• loulou12
    loulou12 Member Posts: 17 Member

Hello. I know this was a post from awhile back and hope this finds you well and cancer free. I was diagnosed in May 2023 with Adenocarcinoma Endatroid . Lining of my endometrium very thick more than likely due to 1 mg of estrogen for many many years without progestogen. I am 75 yrs. old and have never had surgery anesthesia. I was beyond depressed and terrified. Long story short referred to Ongologist GYN who was God Sent!!!! I had robotic surgery, total Hysterotomy. Pathology came back Grade 1 , Stage 1A Figo. Everything seemed great, lymph nodes, etc., etc. BUT..... Found a small amount Lymphovasular invasion (not lymph nodes). In veins near site of orginal cancer cells. Margins benign. I met with the Ongologist/Radiologist and I am scheduled for 3 sessions (Mon, Wed, Fri) of Barachytherapy High Dose to prevent Vaginal Vault from getting cancer. I am not afraid of getting this. I have gone through soooo much already I want to be totally cancer free!!!! I was told I WILL NOT LOOSE HAIR ON MY HEAD. Radiation may make you loose hair only where radiation goes. Is this true? This had been quite a roller coaster ride for me. First pipeline biopsy in May was inconclusive although I had severe vag. bleeding. Did another biopsy with my regular GYN in june and that is when it came back with the dreaded news. I was not surprised. I feel that if I was on Progestrone along with estrogen all these years my lining of my uterus would have not grown soooo thick and abnormal. But, water under the bridge. My surgeon now will be my new Dr. Young and amazing. I feel blessed what an amazing surgery he performed and count my blessings.

Flag

ReplyLike

Care

• Trubrit
    edited August 2023 #40

Just a note about hair loss. I had radiation to my rectum and while I didn't loose all of my hair, what I call shiny bald, I lost so much hair I looked like Gollum (Lord of the Rings) - literally. Little straggly tufts of hair, here and there, so I shaved it off and was very happy that I did.

So my answer is, yes, you CAN lose hair, but that doesn't mean you will.

Tru