Burning out my support system

Options
jenzed
jenzed Member Posts: 6 Member
edited May 2023 in Brain Cancer #1

After undergoing chemo and radiation in October of last year, my monthly chemo cycles go for another year through Nov '23. (Grade II Inoperable Brain Stem Astrocytoma.) I have good days and bad days, and feel as if I am burning out my support system (friends and husband) on my bad days. I know this is a "new normal". I know the best case I have a chronic illness, hopefully for some time ahead of me. Everyone seems to be pulling back after the first couple of months, but my monthly chemo symptoms remain.

Comments

• Buddybutton
    Buddybutton Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Oh my gosh I thought it was just me.😁 On my bad days I'd like to not be around me.Most days I'm good and seem to be dealing well but there are days when just a small thing will really upset me.My daughter who I love with all my heart is a type A just like her dad was, she has very little sympathy on good days lol looked at me today thought I might cry and yelled at me "Don't you start crying". So you are not alone.Bad days are bad you're human.Hang in there.

• jenzed
    Options

Thanks for the camaraderie. It’s def hard. My balance is getting better so I’m trying to take walks by myself and have started (with complete inconsistency) meditating. I know it’s a little cliché but it definitely helps on my bad days. Crying seems to be inevitable though.

• Buddybutton
    Options

Walks help with everything it seems. Breathing helps too.I'm mourning my hubby who passed a year ago and my health which has definitely taken a hit since he's been gone.I cry at the drop of a hat lol so I'm with you on that.If you need a chuckle, I knew the hair was going to fall out I was warned I really don't have a problem with that( I shaved my head when my daughter had brain surgery so she wouldn't feel different) what I never thought about was the absolute mess it makes doing it lol.My daughter was going to shave it before it started but my immune system tanked before she could so she can't be around me.(my grandson is a paramedic working in a hospital and he lives at home so...)Hair is EVERYWHERE! lol So here's a virtual hug if you need one, it will get better!😻

• jenzed
    Options

Aww, thanks for everything - I'm sorry for your loss.

As for the hair, there was definitely a moment where it was somehow everywhere... Then off she goes.

Appreciate the support, I hope spring is coming along wherever you are in the world.

Jen

• Buddybutton
    Options

Thanks Jen, she's coming my roses are blooming like mad

• Buddybutton
    Options

You know if you ever need someone to jabber too I'm here, I do get it.