Life updates and wanted to hear how you are doing

Options
Tueffel
Tueffel Member Posts: 327 Member
edited April 2023 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Hello guys,

This post doesnt mean that I am back. What keeps me away is the design. I hate it.

I wanted to tell you how the last months went. It was probably more than a year ago that I posted last. More than 90min ago the day went on to 13th March. Yesterday would have been Papas 59th birthday.

Let us start with the good news:

Charlie, our dog, is fine. He is completely the prince in the house but without him, it would be terrible. The moment a tear leaves my eye and he sees it, he is there, wanting to cuddle.

Mama and my sister are doing good. My mom gets on my nerves. She stresses about minor things, forgets things due to stress.

But I am taking good care and she doesnt like my doctors advice. I graduated last June. Made up all classes and exams, passed all exams and then I became a MD.

Still at that day a piece was missing, my dad. I like the photos of me and my sister but the other fotos I simply think: they are strange cause Papa is not here. Only 3 people and not 4.

I got a minor alcohol poisoning on my birthday cause yeah, you know. Then Papas death day came. It was a hard week but surprisingly the week was worse than the day itself.

The week before my dads death anniversary was with: denial of getting my licence to practice in Germany, snowy and icy roads, work, and the day before I stuck a bloody needle into my finger... for now all hiv and hepatitis tests are negative.

I am now bavk at my university to get my licence. Thanks to Germany that will take atleast until mid October cause end ofSeptember I will have a written doctors exam.

I still dream about Papa. Not so iften but one I remember from last month: Papa was confused why I was always hugging him, cuddling him. I said that some day I wont have the oppurtunity anymore. Papa just scoffed and said he will always be there. The next dream was like I was the only one who knew and I told them, mom and Oaoa, that he doesnt exist in my world anymire. Strange dreams but like my friend said, Papa just made sure that he is still with me.

Enough about me, unfortunately we got new members with this terrible disease diagnosed. My fingers are crossed for you.

Some longterm members lost their fight. My condolences to their families and friends. It is awful but I do believe that onr day the cure is there

Some members I am really found of stopped posting (most likely cause the design is bad). I hope they are good

I do hope NewHere is still beating the odds. I do hope that Pam, DanNHs wife,is doing well. I hope abita is fighting as is Real Tar Heel.

Wish you all well

Comments

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options

Thank you for letting us know how you are doing. Things can be tough, but life goes on, and you have a lot of life ahead of you. Dreams are funny, they do seem to be a way that the mind works out dilemmas. I remember dreaming about my father soon after he died and in the dream he told me how he had died and that he did not suffer, which was and remains a relief to me.

The new format has really hurt this website, but ACS seems to have no inclination to improve it, so I guess it is a "take it or leave it" situation. I wish you all the best.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options

Hi there, Tueffel

Thank you for your update. I to, dislike the new format, and do not come on very often. I am hoping to change that, and work my way through what I dislike, so that I can help others.

You will always miss your dad, but you will move forward with your life.

Congratulations on all of your achievements.

Come visit us here, again. We love your updates.

Tru

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options

Hey Tueffel, it's good to hear from you, and congrats on the MD status. Sounds like you're well ensconced in daily life and its hassles. I've started using a CPAP to prevent any apnea, (the price of gaining weight, I suppose], and I'ved discovered that all that extra oxygen it's pumping, boosts my vivid dreaming ten-fold. My dreams are nightly adventures with absent and present loved ones playing various roles. I almost look forward to the show, lol. Take care and keep on pushing forward...................................Dave