Encouragement and checking in

Erica2016
Erica2016 Member Posts: 47 Member
edited March 2023 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Hi everyone I often read and rarely post, but I wanted to update and hopefully have some words of encouragement. I have stage 4 metastatic cancer KRAS mutated G12C, TMB Low, MSS. My cancer was caught early at stage 2 and two years later returned in my liver, I was NED for a few months and then returned in my right lung. Three nodules each very small at 3 mm deemed inoperable. I have been on a combination of what feels like a lifetime of chemo every two weeks for life (maintenance) 5fU , AVASTIn, and IRenotecan . I was declared NED again after being off chemo for 1 year , I honestly never thought I would see those words written in my report or my oncologist ever declaring me again. I just want to say keep going , I was not given much hope by my first oncologist so I ditched him and found one I was happy with. I will take this win knowing to well I will be holding my breath at every scan result. I often think of this group and keep you in my thoughts.

Comments

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member

It is great to hear from you again. Thank you for sharing the good news and all the best for a bright future.