genetic testing and assays

NoTimeForCancer
NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,476 Member

There a few newer members here, and while I know the board has been on the quieter side, and these articles have been posted before, I wanted to share them so everyone can see that things are continually changing and getting genetic testing may discovered some of the new drugs are showing promise where the chemo/radiation route isn't always working. I would encourage you to pull up the articles, print them and take them with you. Push your doctors to give you answers!!!

The first is FDA approved - I don't know how the insurance works on this all so that could be our hurdle.

FDA APPROVES PEMBROLIZUMAB FOR SELECT MSI-H/dMMR ADVANCED ENDOMETRIAL CANCER

https://www.onclive.com/view/fda-approves-pembrolizumab-for-select-msi-h-dmmr-advanced-endometrial-cancer?utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=04122022_OncLive_CLO-22-OSD1210_%20GynOnc%20CC_Clovis%20Rubraca_US%20Only&eKey=ZV9kb2xpbmFyQGF0dC5uZXQ=

RUBY PHASE III TRIAL MET ITS PRIMARY ENDPOINT

https://www.gsk.com/en-gb/media/press-releases/jemperli-dostarlimab-ruby-phase-iii-trial-met-its-primary-endpoint-in-a-planned-interim-analysis-in-patients-with-primary-advanced-or-recurrent-endometrial-cancer/#:~:text=The%20trial%20met%20its%20primary,and%20in%20the%20overall%20population.

The trial met its primary endpoint of investigator-assessed progression-free survival (PFS). It showed a statistically significant and clinically meaningful benefit in the prespecified mismatch repair deficient (dMMR)/microsatellite instability-high (MSI-H) patient subgroup and in the overall population. A clinically relevant benefit in PFS was also observed in the mismatch repair proficient (MMRp)/microsatellite stable (MSS) patient subgroup.

Ladies, you are a statistic of one. This was not available 10 years ago and I wonder if it would have helped any of our dearly loved warriors. Hugs my dear ones.

Comments

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 656 Member

Thanks, No Time,

We all need to keep up to date with the new protocols and successful trials.

PEMBROLIZUMAB is brand name Keytruda.

Dostarlimab is brand name Jemperli.

xxoo

Denise

• hopingforcure
    hopingforcure Member Posts: 1 *

Is anyone taking Jemperli right now?

• Mercorby
    Mercorby Member Posts: 105 Member

All very good info. I would like to add that if you have hormonal-based cancer, check out the research on both Metastatic Breast Cancer and Ovarian Cancer. Go on those forums too. There has been more money poured into research for those cancers. Some of it applies to uterine cancer too. There are some of the same genetic variants. I am on the Ibrance/Anastrozole regimen which is usually given to MBC patients, but it has been working for me for over 5 and a half years. I don't know any other uterine cancer patients on this regimen. My onc used to work in breast cancer and was one of the doctors doing the clinical trials. That's how he knew it would work for me. None of the other doctors expected that. One of them even introduced me to a new doctor as a medical miracle!

So, take notes and ask questions. Knowledge is power!

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,476 Member
    edited July 2023 #5

So I had listened to the Foundation for Women's Cancer Society of Gynecologic Oncology (SGO) 2023 Annual Meeting and I found it to be a very good webinar. There is a lot of good explanation on terms and meanings, and if you have the time to listen, it is a little over 1 hour, but I think you might enjoy it.

If you go to the Foundations website: https://foundationforwomenscancer.org/events_webinars/ select Educational Webinars & Recordingsthe and then "SGO 2023 Annual Meeting Scientific Debrief" you will get to a site where you will be asked to register with your name and email. It will take you directly to the webinar.

This was created for the lay person, and I learned so much. It was recorded back in May, and I had forgotten to go check the site to share with all of you until now.