Sbrt

mick67
mick67 Member Posts: 4 Member
edited February 2023 in Prostate Cancer #1

Hello, I’m new to this site but glad to have found it.

has anyone had experience receiving radiation(Sbrt most likely) to the sacrum? I had a prostatectomy, but then a very high post psa of 5. A scan subsequently lit up a lesion in the sacrum.

Thanks and grateful for any help

Comments

• Josephg
    Josephg Member Posts: 444 Member

I did not have SRBT applied to my sacrum, but I did have it applied to my left pelvic bone 2+ years ago. I had 3 sessions with 10 Grays of radiation applied at each session. I had no pain before or after the procedure, and I've had no side effects associated with the SRBT.

5 months ago, I had a CT scan, and there was no evidence of active PCa in that area.

I wish you the best of outcomes on your PCa journey.

• mick67

Thanks for sharing your experience. It sounds fairly straightforward.

Glad you’ve had no side effects, and no further evidence on the CT scan.

• VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,700 Member

Hi,

SBRT for spot radiation is a good choice, but in your shoes I would have a more sophisticated scan to check if other spots exist.

CT scans have limits in detection of small metastasis. I recommend you a PSMA PET scan before scheduling the SBRT.

Best of lucks

VG

• mick67

Thanks for your comments.

they did have me do a PSMA Pet and MRI/abd 2 weeks ago. It showed the lesion had grown quite a bit since the pre-op PET in August/22. Nothing else lit up, so Im hoping if this lesion can be addressed we can at least change the trajectory of the PCa.

• PHK777
    PHK777 Member Posts: 1 *

Hello, I am a post treatment Prostate cancer survivor. I was trying to find a cancer survivor support group in my area. There are a few here so I wanted to make sure that I chose the right one for me. I have my normal PSA draw this month and I plan on discussing this with them, as well. There is no emergency, but my adjustment period has not been what it should be, in my opinion. Any help or info in this regard would be much appreciated. Thank you. 🙂

• Old Salt
    Old Salt Member Posts: 1,475 Member

It would be better to start a new thread and include all relevant medical data. You will get a better response.

Just hit the New Topic button on the right side of the screen.