anxiety about late effects

Options
dwebb4321
dwebb4321 Member Posts: 1 *
edited February 2023 in Childhood Cancers #1

Hello, I was diagnosed with stage 2 Ovarian Cancer at the age of 7 and got my right ovary removed along with the tumor. They then realized that my cancer had spread to my lymph nodes and I had to do chemo therapy. I have been in remission for 12 years and for the past 2 years have been having anxiety and great fear regarding my health. I am scared of the late side effects. I am scared of recurrence. I am scared and there’s no where I can turn to to ask for advice because it seems like I am the only one in the world. I know it’s not true but the unknown has really taken a toll on me and mental health and i am only 19 years old. I want to be like all my friends and just live and not worry everyday about dying. I have started getting heart palpitations and shortness of breath and do not know if that is from my anxiety or if the chemo is catching up to me. I know there’s people out there with the same anxieties as me and I was just wondering what you are doing to cope with it. therapy? traveling? accepting death? I really do not know what to do and i am grasping at straws right now. I can’t keep going to the hospital with every sudden pain I feel but I can’t seem to find the peace of mind anywhere else. I hope this reaches someone.