Hello

Options
Caradavin
Caradavin Member Posts: 49 Member
edited February 2023 in Breast Cancer #1

I am new here. I've had other cancers, so I'm not new to these forums in general. I had a mammogram because there was nipple leakage with some bleeding and a lump. They found matter and did an ultrasound biopsy which found cancer. Now, I'm only stage 0, in situ. I probably don't even belong here because it's so curable. They are running a genetic test, although there has never been breast cancer in my family on either side. They are doing an MRI and DEXA scan. I talk to the surgeon for the first time on Wednesday, but we won't know what's going on with surgery until all the results come back in two more weeks. I'm anxious, of course: only because I have battled cancer four times and it once was not as it seemed. I am a little weary as well. I got my last cancer free in 2020. I've been very tired and I don't know if it's depression or what. Anyway, hi everyone and I hope I can remember to be active enough to help others, too.

Comments

• catlady2
    catlady2 Member Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Take care of yourself. After going through this 4 times I can imagine you are so just so darn tired of it all. No diagnosis is great but DCIS is best case. Fingers crossed for clear margins with your surgery. All you can do is get through one day at a time and be kind to yourself. Keep up posted as to how you make out.