12mm flat???

Giuoco
Giuoco Member Posts: 1 *
edited February 2023 in Colorectal Cancer #1

I’m a newbie here. I’m nervously waiting for a path report and hope y’all could help me understand if my nerves are warranted or needless.

My mom had transverse colon cancer. I get colonoscopies every 2-5 years and I’m 66. Multiple polyps are always found but never anything malignant or precancerous. My last scoping was 2.5 yrs ago and multiple polyps were found. This time they found a 12mm “flat” polyp in my transverse colon that the doc said was “concerning”. I was told that it was had to raise because it kept springing back. They said they removed it, placed a staple and tattooed the area. Apparently, I will have to wait a week to hear the path report.

From the groups experience, how worrisome is my situation?

(Sorry for my lack of patience…..a week seems so long and my doc is NOT a talker)

Comments

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member

I hope you like information, good or bad. The tattoo is a potential guide for a later surgeon. Perhaps your doctor was just being cautious, and the real answer will come from the pathology report. I had the dye markings, and they did help the later surgeon, but I had a huge tumor, so my situation may well be completely inapplicable to you. If I were in your situation, I would take long walks and meditate, but everyone is different. Best of luck to you.