Getting hair highlights on folfox

Options
Kimikay
Kimikay Member Posts: 5 Member
edited February 2023 in Colorectal Cancer #1

I just started my Folfox treatment yesterday. After talking to the nurse, I'm considering going to my stylist in the next week to possibly dye my hair to remove my golden highlights, and add some ashen/ gray highlights to help with the massive gray regrowth I'm expecting if I don't dye my roots every 3 weeks. Then maybe I can tolerate the regrowth. Before, I was planning on just touching up my roots at home and hoping my hair doesn't fall out - using some product from the beuaty supply store. Advice? Do you think if I do this early in the treatment it won't affect my hair too much?

Comments

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options

It seems to me that whatever you do to feel good about yourself will be good for your health.

• abita
    abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options

I didn't lose hair on folfox. It was pre pandemic so I still went to the salon and got my roots done every 3 weeks. Maybe I dropped to every 4 so I could go on the week cold water didn't cause excruciating pain.

It thinned a bit on foxfire.

But lost it all on irinotecan with erbutix.

Pride goeth before a fall. That image was one week before I started the erbutix and irinotecan. But it was after about a year and a half on folfox.

When the lost my hair drug quit working, the ones I am trying let hair grow. Because of pandemic, and growing back is so slow, I use a brand called naturatint.

• pamness
    pamness Member Posts: 524 Member
    Options

I did highlights all through my folfox treatment. No hair loss at all. I had a hard time with chemo but apparently my hair didn’t.

• Kimikay
    Kimikay Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Abita-Thanks for your experience. Beautiful hair! I wish you a speedy re-growth!

• elleehm
    elleehm Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Kimikay, I also just started FULFOX, i decided not to get my hair done pre chemo in case in fell out anyways. But whatever you choose, I wish you the best with it. It’s nice to know other people are going through same thing.