Lonsurf for liver metastasis

kuva
kuva Member Posts: 2 *
edited January 2023 in Colorectal Cancer #1

I was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer four years ago. I was operated on in April 2020 and the tumor was successfully removed. I had been on Folfoxiri and Avastin but was taken off it due to an abscess caused by anastomotic leakage. Doctors took me off the Folfoxiri/ Avastin cocktail as it didn’t seem to be so effective anymore and possibly the cause of anastomosis. I have been on Lonsurf since March 2022 (it’s my ninth cycle now). Just how effective is Lonsurf in treating metastases to the liver ( there are many)? My CEA and CA19-9 have been way up since I was made to stop Folfoxiri/Avastin.

Comments

• SnapDragon2
    SnapDragon2 Member Posts: 714 Member

I don't know anything about Lonsurf but have a question.

Have you had other consults?

Was HAI pump ever mentioned?

How high is your CEA now in relation to before?

• kuva
    kuva Member Posts: 2 *

I changed hospital after hospitalization last year in March. I’d been hospitalized because of abscess caused by anastomic leakage. My previous doctor/surgeon told me then that even though Lonsurf (triflutidine/tiparicil) was in the last line for defense for my situation , he wouldn’t recommend it. The doctor whom I’ve seen since then put me on that treatment. So yes, it’s my second consult.

I have never heard of HAI pump before. I’ll check with my doctor next time. I live in Japan so I need to find out if it can be done here.

My CEA was at 3.9 last year at the time of the hospitalization and is 284 now.

• sentient
    sentient Member Posts: 1 *

Hi. My oncologist was thinking of putting me on Lonsurf but my recent scans seem to indicate that the spread to my liver has been too much for Lonsurf to be effective. He now has me on Stivarga but has held off a second round of treatment as I'm now exhibiting pain in my right abdomen. I'm down to pain meds and blood thinners due to also seeing clots in the lung. So I'm not real sure of the effectiveness of Lonsurf based on cancer extent or maybe it was just my case that ruled it out. I would think if you get another scan on the liver that might help assess it

Best to you.