Tingling/ twitching in breast area after mastectomy

BrendaNance7
BrendaNance7 Member Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2023 in Breast Cancer #1

I had a total mastectomy in Dec. 2022 . It has been 7 weeks and I am experiencing a twitching/ tingling now after my mastectomy every time I move my wrist. It is only on the side I had the surgery. If I move my wrist up, down, left or right every time it feels like a rope inside by chest is moving with my wrist movements. It doesn't hurt, it just is annoying. Weird sensation. And I don't feel it unless I move my wrist. Anyone else dealing with this? Any ideas on how to help ease this weird sensation?

Comments

• Fippyn
    Fippyn Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi Brenda,

I had a bilateral mastectomy on 12/22 and now I'm 7 weeks out. I have weird sensations too. When I put lotion on my opposite arm I get this odd pulling near my incision on the side I'm using to put on the lotion. Sometimes I get weird pains in the incision areas too. I think it's all so connected and that scar tissue forms and any twisting movement triggers the scar tissue. Very odd. I think doing some stretching exercises to loosen up the scar tissue will help me so that's my plan now that I can do more after getting a huge hematoma from doing too much too soon.