RCC with renal vein invasion

Options
bluebird52
bluebird52 Member Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2023 in Kidney Cancer #1

I am 53 yr old male and I had a partial nephrectomy a month ago. It was a 2.5 cm tumor and confirmed to be clear renal cell carcinoma. The pathology report indicated grade2 but stage3. (PT3a). This was because of vein invasion (renal vein). The resection had negative margins which is comforting, but I am worried about the prognosis from here.

They did not find any metastasis but stage3 is bothering me. Any insights will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• daisybud
    daisybud Member Posts: 541 Member
    Options

I had a 2.4 cm grade 2 stage 2 up against the renal vein. I also had negative margins but margin against vein wasn't there. It was enucleated off the vein. Worries me too. I'm 7 years out from partial neph.

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 616 Member
    Options

Bluebird try not to worry, love and live your life while you have clear scans. To paraphrase one of our most wise members, worry won't and can't change anything. I know it's easier said than done. All the best to you. 🙏

• bluebird52
    bluebird52 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Thank you for sharing daisybud, it is great to hear that you are 7 years in the clear and hopefully will remain so.

Thanks for your kind words Deanie0916. I agree that there is not much to be gained from worrying and waiting for the scans. I hope to get stronger with time, for me the diagnosis happened in November 2022 and surgery on 12/21. I am still grappling with all this.