Prostate to Plasmacytoma

rsandrew
rsandrew Member Posts: 4 Member

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2009 - 48 treatments of radiation and in 2016 I was diagnosed with a plasmacytoma in my C6 - 21 treatments of radiation and I really didn't have any symptoms or pain until I started moving around in my small crawl space installing cameras. I believe if I had not done this I would not be here today. After all the test and picture taking they found that 70% of my C6 was eaten away. They did surgery and clean it up and put in some hardware and started giving elaguard shots every 3 months and that in itself is chemical castration and I didn't like the side effects, so I had a Orchiectomy. I also has Provenge Sipuleucel this is when they take your white blood cells and super charge them so to speak and then put them back in your body to fight cancer. Things were going good and again here in 2022 I had another plasmacytoma in my rib number six -15 treatments of radiation and my doctor has put me on a drug called Bicalutamide 50mg plus every 3 months I get infused with bone strengthener Zometa. Just turned 65 in Nov and my doctor wants to start me on Revlimid - has anyone had this yet, if so what are the side effects.