Need advice on Signet ring cell carcinoma for my wife

Options
husbandofCancerwife
husbandofCancerwife Member Posts: 1 *
edited January 2023 in Colorectal Cancer #1

I need advice my wife got a preliminary biopsy results saying she got signet ring cell carcinoma we are waiting on staging she got admitted to the e.r on 1-13-23 2 weeks prior she kept throwing up her food and lost about 12 lbs in 2 weeks she though it was a side effect of the chemo she had 5 years ago to remove invasive lobular carcinoma. She has been in remission for 5 years and it was all hormone based cancer so she has been on tamoxifen for the last 5 years and getting a pet scan and a bone scan alternating yearly but anyways she has lost weight unable to keep good down. They started off with a ct scan saying it was sma syndrome and sent her to the main hospital. they said they didn’t see any tumors so they did a scope and took 3 biopsy of her pylorus which is so inflamed that it wasn’t allowing food to pass all 3 biopsies preliminary results said signet ring cell carcinoma. She just had a bone scan 6 months ago and a pet scan 18 months ago and now this so they did another scope this time using an ultrasound instead of a camera to stage it and they first said it was really early stage then they said possible stage 2 stage 2 b. It the. They change it to 3

They said that she has no tumors but they keep calling her pylorus a tumor also they found she had h. Pylori and they found a few lymph. Nodes that were enlarged but she also had 17 lymph nodes removed when she had breast cancer which causes lymph nodes to inflame along with the h. Pylori also found an asyotis that was fluid filled that they biopsied we are waiting on the results and if they come back positive they say it’s stage 4

I have been doing all kinds of research and found something called signet ring cell change that mimics signet ring cell carcinoma and is caused by h.pylori but is benign. Which I am praying for. Please any advice would I’ll help