Concerning for malignancy on Liver ultrasound report

socalmom
socalmom Member Posts: 2 Member
edited June 2023 in Liver Cancer #1

I’m new here and hoping to get some information. I recently had an abdominal ultrasound due to mild, off/on abdominal pain. everything was normal except a 3.4 cm mass on the left lobe of my liver. Ultrasound report stated, “concerning for malignancy” so needless to say I am a wreck. My doctor put through an “urgent” CT scan. It’s scheduled for 1/31. Has anyone else had a radiology report with the same wording? If the report says concerning for malignancy, does that indicate a high rate for cancer???

I appreciate any and all input

Comments

• 500lollipops
    500lollipops Member Posts: 1 *

I just had an ultrasound with the same wording. What were the results of your CT? I’m having an MRI next week.

• socalmom
    socalmom Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi! The CT showed the cyst was actually smaller than what the ultrasound showed. The results of my CT stated, "mass could be a liver adenoma or FNH. These would both be benign." The CT measured the cyst as 2.6x2.5 cm. The ultrasound measured it as 3.5 cm. The CT also found an 8mm kidney stone, which they think was the cause of my abdominal pain all along. I am going to get an MRI in August, to see if the cyst has shrunk. From what I have learned, most of these cysts are found accidently and are no cause for concern. I was not happy with the wording on my ultrasound and I think there needs to be some change with how reports are written. It turned my entire world upside down for months. I hope your MRI goes well and I hope this response is helpful too.