Just dropping by to say hello …

Options
Mattie65
Mattie65 Member Posts: 82 Member
edited January 2023 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

Hey folks. Another year has passed, since my operation in 2019, and I'm dropping by to wish everyone the best in life. This place has been so invaluable for support, both technically and mentally. Still getting very tired, during the day, but that's basically it, so far.

I want to thank everybody once again, and perhaps bring a ray of hope to those who go through the inferno of treatment, right now.

I'm doing great. Radiation symptoms are very low. Almost inexistent, at this point. I know that they linger, long term, but at this point: no serious problems, really. Teeth are fine, saliva is back about 90%, skin's fine, beard grows, etc.

I wish you all the very best for this year. Successful treatments, little repercussions for the future, and a happy life to come. Thanks for being here, everybody! ❤️

🤗

Comments

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,294 Member
    Options

Hello Mattie and glad to hear from you with an update. I am so glad you are doing so well with minimal side effects, you are definitely Blessed to be in this situation. I agree this forum was invaluable support for me when I was going through treatments, recoveries, and other miscellaneous happenings. So glad we could all be of help.

Take care, God Bless-Russ

• steven59
    steven59 Member Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Thank you for checking in. After tors for tonsils and lymph nodes on both sides I was pretty close to feeling normal when radiation started and it's a completely different scenario with every day getting worse instead of better it is tough. Having you come back and and offer words of being on the other side and feeling good are welcome and much needed. Thank you