Aftermath of BC

Options
asilverh1
asilverh1 Member Posts: 1 *
edited January 2023 in Breast Cancer #1

I'm new here. Its hard to be open about my breast cancer journey. I've tried so hard to live my life like normal, like it didn't affect me, I did what my doctor said to do, chemo, radiation, double mastectomy, full hysterectomy, now daily chemo pills. Plus I take several vitamins and supplements to help with other issues. I guess I've been in a sense of denial. I was 43 when I was diagnosed, 3 years ago. Hair is back by that's all that reminds me of my old self. It has much more wave but I am okay with it. My body aches constantly, I have no energy, I've gained weight, still have neuropathy in my hands/ feet, I'm find myself feeling depressed, I cry all the time (I was not a crier before), my body is not desirable, I just feel so broken. People don't understand because I try to wear a smile and be thankful that I'm still here but inside I feel broken. Does this ever go away? Is this medication talking? After the pills do you every go back to feeling like your old self? Anyone have any helpful tips to just feel better mentally/ physically?

Comments

• mimi5000
    mimi5000 Member Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear you are struggling. So many things have changed in my breast cancer journey as well. This was my second time with BC. The first I was able to live my life normally and only worry when I had upcoming mammograms. This time it has been harder with finding energy, body aches, and feeling unattractive. I don't feel broken inside though. I know that cancer cannot change my core being. I try to get out into nature, taking walks. Also getting dressed in the morning and doing some errands seems to help. I have a comforting throw on the bed to bundle up in. You may want to talk to someone you trust about how you are really feeling. Your doctor may be able to help with that too. These medications we take can cause depressive side effects. I hope you can find your true self again soon. I know she is invincible and undiminished by this disease and worth fighting for.

hugs , M