Had Radical Neck Dissection May 26.22, BUT now a small Fistula had opened

Options
jkinobay
jkinobay Member Posts: 298 Member

Any of you experienced vets encountered this? It started out early Dec as a pus-filled abscess that eventually erupted voluntarily. Took one antibiotic for a week. Drainage reduced 95% but not completely. Then surgeon put me on AUGMENTIN 875, 2/day for 14 days, now on DAY 4.

THEN, to complicate matters, here in the last few days I have noticed that sometimes when I blow my nose I can force air out of the tiny hole where the abscess was.

Hoping that the remaining 10 days of AUGMENTIN will successfully close it. BTW of course it is within the area of 30 radiation treatments from back in August.

Your experiences?

Thanks.............and a Very Happy Holiday Season to all...........stay well.

Jim

Comments

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options

Jkinobay I don't have any direct experience with this but in my experience on here and with my local support group you can have air or liquids showing up where they normally don't because of conditions relating to the treated area. I hope you get a response from someone who has experienced this maybe they can help. I would say the 95% reduction in drainage is a wonderful result. Let's pray that the Augmentin and time will heal this the rest of the way.

Take care, God Bless-Russ