Mental Health Support

Options
kimmyyy
kimmyyy Member Posts: 1 *
edited October 2023 in Ovarian Cancer #1

Hello, I’m new here and seeking help. I’m a 28 yr old in remission now from Stage 3C Ovarian Cancer. I was diagnosed November of 2020 @ 26 years old. Is anyone from the Massachusetts area who have or recommends a psychiatrist or therapist who specializes with working with cancer patients/survivors? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    edited December 2022 #2
    Options

kimmyy, have you reached out to 988? Individuals do not have to be suicidal to call, but I am sure they will be able to give guidance. It is a crisis line - and crisis is needing someone to talk to or turn to. There is a link below to the Massachusetts site that will answer some questions. Please find help for whoever needs it.

• Beckmaas
    Beckmaas Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2023 #3
    Options

Your strength and resilience are truly inspiring! While I'm not from Massachusetts, I'm sure there are plenty of awesome psychiatrists and therapists who specialize in working with cancer patients/survivors in your area. I'd suggest reaching out to local cancer support groups or organizations for recommendations. Also, have you checked out Lifestyle to the Max Online Magazine? They often have articles and resources related to mental health support.