My Four-Year Scans: NED!

Options
eug91
eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
edited December 2022 in Kidney Cancer #1

Had my four-year scans this week. I've been so busy with work and family and upcoming holidays , I haven't had time to get nervous about them. No time for any scanxiety.

Oh, but it eventually got me. Scanxiety is a clever monster, I'll give it that.

Had my CT scan of my chest, quick and easy, no problem. Had to wait a while before my MRI of the abdomen. As soon as I slid into the MRI - boom - I suddenly got really nervous about my scan. Then my claustrophobia kicked in.

Sigh. I used to get claustrophobic in the MRIs, but I thought I had gotten past it. But NOPE.

They took me out of the tube. I apologized, took a minute to calm myself, then they put me in a slightly different position (left hand next to my chin instead of at my side). That did the trick. Got through the rest of the MRI no problem.

End result: No Evidence of Disease! My follow-up with my doctor was the fastest appointment ever - there was nothing to talk about.

Anyways I'm grateful for another year and I'm grateful for all of you. Hope everyone has a wonderful holidays and a Happy New Year. Here's to a great 2023 for all of us!

Comments

• Mmoses25
    Mmoses25 Member Posts: 321 Member
    Options

Congratulations on being Ned I hope you have a merry Christmas it’s been awhile since I seen your name pop up I glad your doing well

• Biner
    Biner Member Posts: 136 Member
    Options

Congrats!Ned is best news!

• Bay Area Guy
    Bay Area Guy Member Posts: 618 Member
    Options

Good news for the holidays eug!

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 784 Member
    edited December 2022 #5
    Options

Good to hear from you eug! Congrats on still being Ned. I keep away from the mri scanner…claustrophobia.

Merry Christmas!

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 616 Member
    Options

Great news!

• lobbyist0724
    lobbyist0724 Member Posts: 515 Member
    Options

Congratulations! Best Xmas gift! We all wanna forget about the c word if possible, enjoy life!

• daisybud
    daisybud Member Posts: 541 Member
    Options

Great news!

• jazzgirl
    jazzgirl Member Posts: 240 Member
    Options

Hey Eug I'm so glad to hear this. Yeah, that scanner can be daunting - I have to close my eyes as I go in; there's something about the movement and that thing so close to my face. So I'm glad they were able to find a way for you to get to that good news. All best and healthy wishes for the coming year. Take care ~

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
    Options

It's so great to hear from all these familiar names/faces. Love all of you!

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options

Great, fantastic!!!

Hard to believe it’s been 4 years for you already… I remember when you appeared here like it was yesterday. Time flies :-)

• Lynn_65
    Lynn_65 Member Posts: 63 Member
    Options

So happy to hear your great news! Oh the MRI…I have to keep my eyes closed. Luckily the technician offered me a cloth to put over my eyes and that’s the only way I got through it. Something about it being so close to your face just gets me.