Rising CEA with Clear Scans

Options
sarahwartell
sarahwartell Member Posts: 1 *
edited December 2022 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Hi there,

I am a stage 3c colon cancer (transverse colon) survivor and out of treatment/surgery for 19 months now. My CEA level when I had stage III was highest at 6.9 after my cancer surgery and was 5.4 when I first met my oncologist. Now declared NED, the last few CEA levels have been rising and I am at 5.1 presently. CT, MRI, small bowel series and sibo testing are all negative. Endoscopy showed new focal gastric intestinal metaplasia due to peptic injury but the doctor didn't map my whole stomach and the sample from the duodenum wasn't good enough to test for metaplasia there. I am awaiting scheduling for a capsular endoscopy and a referral into to see a neurologist due to acute blurred vision that is worse than what cancer treatment caused. In the last few months I have felt like I was in a fishbowl, tired, lost 15+ lbs, lack appetite, increased change in bowels that vary from constipation to diarrhea, distention on the left side, nausea with occasional vomiting and occasional ringing in the ears. I am a APC and PMS2 carrier of VUS with strong personal and family history of all types of cancers, mostly start with gastric. My oncologist isn't doing anything, ordering anything else or concerned and my internal medicine doctor says it is possibly irritable bowel syndrome and to stop looking for other answers. I am the only one researching what could be wrong and why I feel not like myself. I am considering switching doctors and intimidated by the process so asking in forums about others experiences first. Thanks for your input and I am sorry we are all on here trying to help ourselves on our cancer journeys-as survivors or in active treatment.

Comments