Worried about 17yr old son

erinashley19
erinashley19 Member Posts: 4 Member
edited October 2023 in Leukemia #1

Hello, for the past few months my son has been dealing with horrible night sweats. He said they happen about 3-4 times a week and are severe. He sleeps in his underwear but his sheets are completely drenched through. I don’t know if I’d say he has other symptoms that are new. He’s always tired but he’s a teen and has complained about being tired for years. He has frequent nosebleeds in the shower in the morning but has suffered bad nosebleeds since he was a small child. His weight seems ok. He was pretty sick about 2 months ago and lost a lot of weight then but is ok now. Other than these awful night sweats nothing else seems distinct. But I know the night sweats to this degree are NOT normal. Any advice or insight??

Comments

• carsonmapes
    carsonmapes Member Posts: 3 Member

hi! I was recently diagnosed with AML. Some of my symptoms were low blood counts, night sweats, nosebleeds and fatigue. I also had pain that stayed in one spot which they said happens when your body is telling you something is wrong.

• po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,465 Member

Any update? Those are also common lymphoma symptoms, except for the bleeding. Any spiking fevers? Alternatively, it could be hormonal, and maybe an endocrinologist might be consulted.

• erinashley19
    erinashley19 Member Posts: 4 Member

Nothing major to report. His night sweats seemed to have pretty much disappeared. Very rarely will he have an episode. We narrowed it down to being hormonal (we believe). Nothing else has turned up.

I appreciate you checking in!

• po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,465 Member

Great news!