And The Drug Trial Keeps on Working - CEA plummets, Cancer Activity Drops, Tumors Shrink

Options
NewHere
NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
edited December 2022 in Colorectal Cancer #1

The tumors being tracked have now shrunk a total of 14% since I started the drug trial in July. Had some bad reactions a couple of sessions, but since then it has been easy. PET scan showed that some lymph nodes that had activity/uptake are resolved - no sign of cancer activity in some locations. My CEA (which is always a good marker for me) has plummeted. Went from 38, to 25, to 8 and this week down to 6.5 5 or less is considered normal CEA range. Obviously I would still have cancer, but it is looks to be taking a break :)

It is has been tough though in terms of pain. The radiation to my back and spine, or perhaps my immune system reacting to things, has caused a crazy amount of pain for the last 6 weeks or so after being almost gone. But pain killers increased and adding one more thing a few days ago, and no pain for the last three days. (It was h—l though. Been a long year, then being sucked back into the pain cycle was REAL tough. But the last three days, well I am back to continuing dealing with this. Going on 8 years.)

Comments