Recurrence

Lmeeks
Lmeeks Member Posts: 2 Member
edited December 2022 in Breast Cancer #1

Hello all ! Brand new here. Just wanted to say hello and wish everyone the best. I wasn't here for my first cancer diagnosis in 2020. I wish I had found it then. However, I'm here for the second one. Found out a little over a week ago that one of my three original tumors has come back. Originally, I had 2 that were er/pr+ HER2- and one that was triple positive. The triple positive one has returned less than a year after treatment. My original cancer was stage 1a. I knew there was a chance of recurrence, but never dreamed it would return so soon. I saw my oncologist today and was told that the tentative plan is surgery, TCHP and radiation. I haven't had any scans yet, so plans could change depending on what they see. My cancer center is working on setting that up. I meet with the surgeon in 4 days. I've got my fingers crossed that this is just a local recurrence, but I know there's a possibility that it could have already spread. I feel strong enough to do this again, but I'm not going to lie and say there's no fear. I'm not done living yet.