34 & Nervous

Options
newhere88
newhere88 Member Posts: 1 Member
edited December 2022 in Colorectal Cancer #1

I have always had inconsistent bowel movements. I have always just thought I might have IBS. I also have severe anxiety. A few weeks ago I started having lower back pain near my tailbone. I didn't think much of it. I sit a lot. This past week I have had nothing but mild diarrhea (it looks like soft serve) and hurts to get it out. I have this constant heavy feeling in my rectum. I have stomach/abdominal cramping. I am so concerned I went to the ER. The doctor said he thinks is might be ibd and referred me to a GI. I am so stressed out about it I cry. I had a second cousin that passed away from colon cancer. I have a three year old. My husband doesn't know what to do or say. He just says worrying won't help anything and he is my only support as we are currently living in Japan.

Comments

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options

I'm sorry to hear of your situation. It probably would be best to get to the GI doctor like they said. At 34 I'm sure you have never had a colonoscopy but this could put your mind at ease. Not every bowel issue is a warning of cancer as many things can cause it, especially stress, diet and medicines. Wishing you the best and hopefully you can get in to see the doctor soon. Please let us know how you are doing, and don't be afraid to come back on and ask all the questions you have. This is a really great group.

Kim

• jenmo
    jenmo Member Posts: 2 *
    Options

Please get a colonoscopy. It’s the only way to put your anxiety at ease. I’m just diagnosed and have a four year old too. Either way you will be okay and have people here for you. It might be something to put your mind at ease or it might something that can’t be put off. Just do it :)