How to get rid of the worry and dread

mrsgibby
mrsgibby Member Posts: 2 Member
edited December 2023 in Ovarian Cancer #1

Hi. I'm new. I've been struggling with opening up since Nov 2020. I was hit with lung cancer nov 2020, had a lobotomy. Thought I was in the clear, then in March 2021, was hit with ovarian cancer. I went from stage 1 to stage 4 in three weeks. Doctors were blown away I had 9 rounds of chemo, then put on rubraca . My hair came back but not correctly. Eyebrow and eye lashes not the same. I'm thankful for what I have, but it's been a year since my last IV chemo and I wear a hat because my hairline is so far back. I wake up every day thanking God I am here. I just struggle with the fear of when and where the cancer will come back. My memory is awful now. I want to feel good about myself again. I had So much energy all of the time and it's just gone. Multiple surgeries and hospitalizations , I can't seem to catch a break. Losing my job and the income I had broke my heart.

On a wonderful note, I have wonderful kids and grandchildren. Just have to be extra careful due to catching every germ that blows past .

I just wish I could figure out how not to be angry pr sad. The medicine I'm on doesn't help that.

Thanks for letting me vent

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,353 Member

mrsgibby, I am a visitor from the Uterine board and should have popped over here to our gyn sisters to see what was going on. It tends to be a little quiet on the Ovarian page, it has been quiet in general, but I see it has been almost a month so I do hope you see my post.

I think we all wish we had the magic answer to make the anger and anxiousness disappear, but I hope you continue to be surrounded by those you love and who love you.

• mauigirl23
    mauigirl23 Member Posts: 7 Member

Hi MrsGibby, Mauigirl23 here. Never give up, no matter how bad things seem, we have to stay strong. Our children are our champions, we continue to fight, so we can be with them, to see all their milestone in life. My son is 24, I want to see him get married and have children one day. I try to stay positive, even though, medically things are not so great at the moment. I continue to reach for the light at the end of the tunnel. Don't let "it" win, keep fighting, so you can be the winner.

• Marymarg
    Marymarg Member Posts: 6 Member

mrsgibby

Thank you for sharing. I was very moved reading your comment.