Questions regarding pyriform sinus tumor

tiatia11
tiatia11 Member Posts: 5 Member
edited November 2022 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

I am in search of others with a pyriform sinus tumor diagnosis. I started to feel a lump in my throat about two months ago. I have a history of severe GERD, esophageal stricture and hiatal hernia so I went to my gastro, who found a tumor, he called it a polyp, in the pyriform sinus via scope. He stressed that my lump sensation has nothing to do with the tumor, that it is so small, he isn't concerned and the ENT appointment for the end of November does not need to be moved up. I even asked for a CT scan while waiting and he said if indicated the ENT can order it. Tried other ENTs, but cannot find a sooner appointment. It seems like the lump sensation is caused by the 5mm tumor. I would appreciate any thoughts! Thank you

Comments

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,274 Member

Tia, I think they called my first cancer pyriform sinus but was really throat cancer, is this what you have? You definitely may be feeling the lump sensation but your gastro doc does not seem overly concerned and says it is a polyp, not a tumor. So I think you are OK with an ENT appt. for the end of Nov. as we are almost there. I am sure the sensation must feel very unsettling. You will see an ENT soon and we will see if he also calls it a polyp and not a tumor. Also, I am wondering did your gastro doctor mentioned the removal of the polyp. This would probably be done by the ENT if it happens or a surgeon. See if your ENT orders a CT scan with contrast of the head and neck, I think in light of your history of severe GERD, esophageal stricture, and hiatal hernia you should possibly have one, discuss it with him if he doesn't order one and see what his reasoning is. Please update when you have more info,

Wishing You the Best

Take Care God Bless-Russ

• tiatia11
    tiatia11 Member Posts: 5 Member

Thanks so much for your message, I really appreciate your encouragement! I read your story, you have been through so much, what a long difficult road! The gastro said the "polyp" might have to be removed. I definitely will ask the ENT for a CT, to make sure there are not more areas of concern. Will update when I know more. Waiting is difficult, I know you have been there. Thanks again and we will keep you in our prayers and God bless you, too.