Major Correction (first test ever PSA 200)

Options
Rednana65
Rednana65 Member Posts: 6 Member
edited November 2022 in Prostate Cancer #1

Comments

• lighterwood67
    lighterwood67 Member Posts: 376 Member
    Options

What does the Doctor say that ordered the tests?

• Rednana65
    Options

It was done for life insurance policy, no doctor involved. He hasn’t seen a doctor in over 10 years.

• Old Salt
    Old Salt Member Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    1. Get another PSA test; mistakes do occur
    2. If his PSA is out of range for his age again, further exploration of the issue is warranted.
    3. A complete 'physical' won't hurt 😀
  • centralPA
    centralPA Member Posts: 243 Member
    Options

Well, instead of being 50 times too high, it is "only" 3 times too high, so I guess that is good news? Put the shovel back in the shed. :)

Agree with @Old Salt , best to get another PSA test. The bone pain you referred to worries me a bit, but I am a little gun-shy after my father's experience. Better safe than sorry.

• lighterwood67
    lighterwood67 Member Posts: 376 Member
    Options

Well, good luck on your journey. Hopefully, he will see a medical professional. Sometimes no decision is a decision in itself.

• Clevelandguy
    Clevelandguy Member Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options

Hi,

At a PSA of 14.54 sounds like something is going on with his Prostate. Could be BPH(benign prostate hyperplasia) or cancer. If it is cancer he needs to get it looked into before it leaves his Prostate and spreads to other parts of his body. Please encourage your husband to get it looked into.

Dave 3+4

• Rednana65
    Options

Thank you for your encouraging words, and I agree with all of you. He’s very leery of doctors, and especially hospitals, after the events of the last couple of years. I’ll keep trying.