Metastasized Lung Cancer (Osteosarcoma)

Options
BCPenny
BCPenny Member Posts: 1 Member
edited July 2023 in Bone Cancers #1

Anyone out there who is surviving metastasized lung cancer?

My 25 yr old daughter was originally diagnosed with Osteaosarcoma Sep 2018. Had limb salvage surgery to remove tumor in her knee Jan 2019. 2 years later the tumor re-appeared further up her femur. She had a hip disarticulation Sep 2021, to remove her full leg. Feb 2022 found it has metastisized to her lungs. We are 6 months later, and the chemo is currently holding things at bay but she has noticed some wheezing. I am looking for a survivor who can provide hope to perhaps a similar journey?

Looking forward to hearing from you. <3

Comments

• pointblake
    pointblake Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Hi,

I hope your daughter is doing well!

I am a stage IV osteosarcoma survivor. As of July 16, 2023 I've officially been in remission for 10 years. In fact, that was the day that they removed the nodule of osteo from my lungs. I've seen other patients make it as well, even after its spread to the lungs.

So long as the chemo is effective at killing the cancer found in the lungs and/or they are safely able to remove the nodules and they aren't spread all throughout the lungs its definitely survivable.

It can definitely be discouraging to find out about, especially initially, but I hope your daughter has been fighting well and makes it through okay! There is light at the end of the tunnel, even when you can't see it.