wmc (Bill) An Honored and Respected Member Of Our H&N Group Has Passed

Options
wbcgaruss
wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,275 Member
edited November 2022 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

wmc (Bill) An Honored and Respected Member Has Passed

Please remember Bills family in your prayers.

Rest In Peace Bill

It is with great sadness that I pass on this information.

I know it is a bit late but I just found out about it.

Bill was always a great inspiration and example to me showing me to never give up hope and showed us that in the most difficult circumstances we can overcome what look to be insurmountable difficulties.

I was trying to connect a new forum member with wmc (Bill) recently who had a question about laryngectomy. Bill always said if you have someone who needs help, especially with laryngectomy feel free to have them contact me. He had given me his email and Facebook page to give to people to contact him. I checked out his Facebook page. Unfortunately after accessing his Facebook page, I learned he had passed on November 1, 2021

Here is a link to his obituary below

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/visalia-ca/william-cross-10430461

wmc (Bill) On CSN H&N Was A Help & Support For Others

Bill was a prolific poster here on CSN and was a friend and help to anyone.

Bill had a great heart for other folks and their situations even while going through his own Cancer situation and anything else he was dealing with.

Bill was a laryngectomee and did not let it slow him down.

He soon found innovative ways to deal with it and was always there to help other laryngectomees.

He was very active also with others on the forum also, helping wherever he could.

He was very active in support groups for laryngectomees and I believe he also may have run one or two of them.

Bill published numerous YouTube videos for Larys that showed that pretty much anything is still possible. He invented and documented numerous gadgets for Larys to use to make their lives better. He wrote documents used in hospitals by medical professionals to educate them about the special needs of laryngectomees and to prevent injuries to laryngectomees due to ignorance or lack of experience.

Bill put his heart into helping all. May he now Rest in Peace.

Below is a link to Bill’s YouTube channel for lary’s--

https://www.youtube.com/user/wmcross51/videos

Below are a couple of comments from folks on his Facebook page--

Bill published numerous YouTube videos for Larys that showed that pretty much anything is still possible. He invented and documented numerous gadgets for Larys to use to make their lives better. He wrote documents used in hospitals by medical professionals to educate them for the special needs of laryngectomees, and to prevent injuries to laryngectomees due to ignorance or lack of experience.

Bill put his heart into helping all. May he now rest in peace.

PJ Jordan

He is missed so much in our group

Preston

You were such a blessing to so many of us Lary's and caregivers. The Macgyver of lary's. I'm praying for your family and everyone of us that you touched in one way or another. Thank you and I know you're enjoying heaven. Seeing everyone that went before you, tell my husband I miss him so much. You will be missed, but never forgotten. Rest in peace our friend.

Shellie

My Dear Friend and Confidant, you have Blessed so many People in Your Life, not only with Laryngectomee advice but with Life Advice as a Good Friend. You knew a little bit about everything and helped educate me and I’m sure others on a lot of things in this world.

You had a lot of bodily problems but never allowed them to stop you from interacting with the People who needed you the most and were passionate about all things you dove into.

You will be sorely missed. People like you are 1 in a million!

I know that you have been delivered safely into to arms of Jesus and meeting up with your family and friends already there.

My Condolences to You Wife, Children and Grandchildren, and other Earthly Family and Friends You were so Proud of. I know how Blessed you were.

I’ll be Praying for Everyone for Peace. I know it will take time. God Bless You all in this very sad time as You say goodbye to Bill.

Jewell

Now 5-6-22 finding out of your passing.

Rest in Peace my friend.

You truly were respected and thought of as a loyal friend. For your Goodness Bill Cross you will always be remembered.

John

• Kristy
  • A very special man. His advice on so many things are my way of life now. Bill will never be forgotten.
  • Jane
  • I am still struggling to accept he's gone. He saved my sanity so many times in the first couple of years. I doubt we'd have got through it without him. As the carer, I wanted to throw in the towel so many times. He jumped in every time with his words of wisdom, which helped so much.
  • To put it in Aussie terms, he was "a bloody good bloke". One of a kind. He'll always be missed in the lary community.
  • Mike
  • Does anyone know what happened? OMG, I just found out. When I became a Lary I had so many questions. And he walked through every bit of it. I know I will never forget him!!!!
  • John
  • Now 5-6-22 finding out about your passing.
  • Rest in Peace, my friend.

You truly were respected and thought of as a loyal friend. For your Goodness Bill, you will always be remembered.

Bill, you are Greatly Missed-Rest in Peace-Russ