Papillary urothelial neoplasm of low malignant potential (PUNLMP)

jimmynam
jimmynam Member Posts: 1 Member
edited November 2022 in Bladder Cancer #1

Hi, I am a young person who has just been diagnosed with bladder cancer. My type of cancer is  Papillary urothelial neoplasm of low malignant potential (PUNLMP). It is not known if anyone has been diagnosed with this type of cancer. I am very worried and scared.

Comments

• barehead
    barehead Member Posts: 37 Member

Jimmy, some thoughts. First, be sure to visit bcan.org for comprehensive medical information about bladder cancer. Second, while it is quite normal to be taken aback by a cancer diagnosis, there are very effective treatments available. Third, you should get a copy of any pathology report that was generated on tissue samples, and look for the Stage and Grade information. The stage will be the biggest driver of treatment plans for you. Again, you can look up the common treatments for each stage at bcan.org. PUNLMPs appear to be commonly treated like non-invasive low grade carcinomas. Non-invasive means not invading the muscle layer, so it is near the inner surface of the bladder. These have some of the best treatment outcomes.

• bengalsandboots66
    bengalsandboots66 Member Posts: 1 *

The following is a positive: low malignant potential. Being scared is valid and will ease a bit as you learn more. If it is indeed what they said it’s generally noninvasive with positive outcomes.