Be_happy Member Posts: 2 Member
edited November 2022 in Breast Cancer #1

Please share if any recurrence after DCIS stage 0. Thank you

Comments

• mimi5000
    mimi5000 Member Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Hi,

I had DCIS stage 0 - 17 years ago. This year I was diagnosed with IDC. The doctor said it is not the same cancer as before. I would suggest that you never let up on mammograms. I was lucky before but it could have recurred without a full treatment protocol. As it is, my body didn't forget how to make cancer. I hope this is helpful and I pray that you will never experience a recurrence. God bless.

• formycatsandme
    formycatsandme Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I had DCIS 13 years ago. I had a lumpectomy and radiation. This year they found a small lump in the same breast during my annual mammogram. It was in the same location but a new cancer. Because of the prior radiation, I needed a mastectomy. Fortunately, the tumor was stage 1A but it was HP negative and HER2+. I start Taxol and Herceptin treatments on Nov. 30 to help prevent recurrence. Needless to say I am stunned to find myself back in treatment. Now I am praying I tolerate the Chemo. So, yes, cancer can find you after DCIS. Those annual mammograms are imperative. Only a couple of months could have meant a much worse prognosis for me.