Sue?

Options
Canadian Sandy
Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 784 Member
edited November 2022 in Colorectal Cancer #1

i Haven’t seen Sue on here lately…..does anyone know what happened? I miss her.

Comments

• Canadian Sandy
    Options

Sue is also known as Trubrit.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options

Hello CS - I am still alive and kicking. I haven't been on the forum, because I just can't get used to the new format - not so new now, but you now what I mean.

It warms my heart though, that you miss me. Thank you!

I have found that living as a heart attack survivor is about as bad as living as a Cancer survivor. Every little niggle, and you worry sick it is back.

It was 10 years ago this month, that I was diagnosed with Cancer, and it seems like yesterday. A journey I do not wish to repeat. I have met so many online friends, and lost too many more, who have journeyed with me. I still feel an obligation to share my experience, and help others along their way.

I hope life is treating your well, my friend. I will try to be around and get familiar with the layout.

Tru

• Canadian Sandy
    Options

Hi Sue…..I’m so glad you found my post. I don’t come on as much either this new format is not very user friendly. I hope you come back…..your words of encouragement are so needed.

I am 6 1/2 years in remission now. I just spent a week in hospital with panceatis, as we age all kind of funny things happen to your body. I’m 81 now so feel I’m still doing well living by myself etc

Take care of yourself Sue.

Your friend Sandy

• Trubrit
    Options

You are incredible, Sandy. Surviving not one, but two Cancers, and into your 80's to boot.

May you see many more birthdays, and beat many more age related maladies.

Cyber hugs!

Sue

• Canadian Sandy
    Options

Thank you Sue. Hugs…..

• MandiePandie
    MandiePandie Member Posts: 109 Member
    Options

What a relief this thread was :)

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options

Sue, it's good to 'hear' from you. You endured so well through the cancer and aftermath, I worried the heart attack had taken your energy down. I imagine it is even more mentally challenging to cope with, as cancer takes longer frames of time to measure and change, whereas heart issues can be an any moment, any little change, thing. I'm so sorry you have that burden after surviving the other, with 'Trubrit grit'. I hope they stay on top of it, and help you heal as you can, to do the things you love to do. This place does feel like coming home to someone else's house, but I'm going to try and get used to it, people do need to hear our stories and perspectives, even if the learning to care, and coming to know, still ends in too many leavings without even a goodbye. You take it easy, I'll bet there's snow in your favorite canyon tonight...............................Dave

• Trubrit
    Options

Hello Dave

Thank you for your kind words.

I really find I get tired of fighting the fright, if you know what I mean. I just want to enjoy life, but....

Oh well! I am a fighter and will bully on.

Tru

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options

I know very well, what you mean, and I'm sorry you have to bear that load, I know it's not something that quiets down, without a strong, ongoing mental effort. It's hard to keep that mental strength up all the time, every day and night. We are only human, even the toughest of us, and totally blocking fear and anxiety, even if it can be done, can leave one numb to all else, including life's little joys and contentments. I can still find those two, myself, but I'm experiencing a lot of indifference to other aspects of life, as though I've retired from everything I don't "need" to do. A comfy malaise has set in, and I know I need to beat it back, for exercise', chore's and maintenance' sake, if not just for my mental discipline. The battle is easier than it has been before, but it still goes on. Take care , Sue..................................Dave

• Trubrit
    edited November 2022 #11
    Options

Your wise words leave me breathless. I wish we had met, that one time I was down in LA, visiting with Yolanda and Kaz (gosh, not sure if Kaz is right. I'm having brain freeze).