Breast Cancer Reoccurrence

Options
sornellas
sornellas Member Posts: 1 Member
edited November 2022 in Breast Cancer #1

First diagnosis 2002 BC - chemo/radiation; Second diagnosis 2014 BC - bilateral mastectomy, also discovered kidney cancer same time in my body; Third diagnosis 2018 BC - oral Verzenio/Letrozol taking indefinitely. Since starting the meds, I now have blackish patches of skin on my face, elbows & back (does anyone else have skin pigmentation changes due to meds?). Since 2014, I get blood draws & a CTscan every 3 months. I guess as time goes on & as I get older, my anxiety is stronger, always waiting for results. The end of this year will be 20 years since the onset & this is just something I will never get used to.

Comments

• mareum
    mareum Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Hi there, sorry to heqr anyone sufferig from this painful treatment,

My aunt had breast cancer surgery as well as chemo therapy a few six to eight months ago max, but her cancer relapsed and it attacked again, im no expert in medical terms but the doc said that the germs or cells went from her breast cancer upto her brain, she had fits it started paralyzin her one hand and leg and has spread a lot to her lungs...

She was being given radiation to keep her brain in her senses as otherwise doc said she would slowly fafe away, her organs will start failing one by one.

My question is cant she get chemo again for lung cancer as the report for her brain came good? But iv been told its a honey moon period until things will take a turn for the worst

She is also diabetic - she lost her son to blood cancer her husband to covid and now she is under such a critical conditon, im just praying for her to gight through this and lead a happy life she has one son and daughter, im sure she would love to see them get married and have kids

• mimi5000
    mimi5000 Member Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Hi mareum,

Your aunt is so lucky to have you in her life. It sounds like she has been through so much - losing a son and husband and now cancer. I would trust that your aunt's doctors are recommending the best treatments for her. I will be thinking and praying for her.

Hugs,

mimi

• mimi5000
    mimi5000 Member Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Hi Sornellas,

I had a reoccurrence 17 years after my first diagnosis and will soon start hormone therapy. I can relate to your anxiety and waiting for results. That maybe the worst part and I'll never get used to it either. I'm trying to take one day at a time and make the most of life. We have survived this disease so far and we still have a purpose in this world, I believe. I know that your are loved.

Hugs,

mimi