Life Struggles

fxg1038
fxg1038 Member Posts: 2 Member
edited December 2022 in Young Cancer Survivors #1

No actual question here :)

I'm 36. This disease is a taker. It takes and takes and takes, and doesn't give a single **** about how it makes you feel. My circle of friends is getting smaller and smaller. I used to compete/collaborate for work promotions tightly with my friends/colleagues but some of them don't even call me anymore. Men disappear when they figure out I have a 13 inch scare or can't get pregnant. I used to have a lot of friends and planned things for months later but I have to take it day by day now.

Alone in a big city like Chicago with no family or friends. It's just hard.

Comments

• beswerve
    beswerve Member Posts: 2 Member

I am right there with you. I actually just created an account in order to reply back to you. Cancer has a profound impact on mental health. A post like yours should not have lacked a response since you wrote it nearly two months ago. I hope things are getting better for you.

I glanced over at some of these other discussion boards and found it extremely interesting seeing the last date a post was made. Sadly, I think there is major disconnect somewhere between us, the American Cancer Society and these forums. I've had issues with a brain tumor diagnosis from back in 2007 and like I said, I just created this account.

All the best to you and happy holidays!

• Miranda7
    Miranda7 Member Posts: 4 Member

I am very sorry to both of you for your experiences and what you’re going through…. It will get better!! 🩵🩵🩵

• beswerve
    beswerve Member Posts: 2 Member

I really hope they do. While everyone was on the COVID train, I was getting hit by a rash of breakthrough seizures that completely upended my already fragile circumstances. Fifteen and a half years that I've had to deal with the fallout of being diagnosed at the age of 21. Things could be far worse and I get that. I'm just exhausted from all the bunk I've had to put up with over the years.

That being said, I hope both of y'all are doing alright.

• fxg1038
    fxg1038 Member Posts: 2 Member

Thank you both for your supportive comments. Things actually got harder for me back in December when my cancer recurred. I almost died because of surgery complications 🙂. Still here and still struggling but learned one new lesson out of these past few month experiences: things can get worse even when you think you are going through the worst possible.

I’m thankful though, for each and every breath. And still believe that this thing will go away someday soon 😊