Urgh Typed Long Message - Good News

NewHere
NewHere Member Posts: 1,428 Member
edited November 2022 in Colorectal Cancer #1

And it disappeared.

Long story short (I had more details), been a tough year. Arub passing away hit me hard, as she was there for me from the beginning and we kept on making plans to meet up, but had fall them through. Then shortly after she passed away, it was confirmed my cancer bloomed. Tumors in spine were bad, psoas muscle tumor back to being active and grew. Out of options, so was going to go back to FOLFOX to see if it would work when done with surgery and radiation. Right before surgery, a drug trial opened up.

Made it through surgery and radiation. Laid me out for months. Then started drug trial, a modified virus plus another drug. The first two infusions almost hospitalized me. The third one (last with virus) was easy. Since then an hour infusion once every 28 days (8 hour visits with EKGs, bloodwork etc., but still easy compared to carrying pumps etc.)

Other than being a bit tired, which may or may not be the drug, no effects at all. And it is working. Lung tumors are either stable or shrinking. First two scans have showed this. Some of the official tumors (meaning the ones they look at each time) went down 4%, then an additional 5% on the second scan. Some of the unofficial ones approached 20% Still on pain killers for the surgery, but at a much reduced amount. Also back to exercising the last 6 weeks.

Have another scan in a few weeks, and hoping this good news continues.

It was tough going. And there were times where I thought, for the first time, of perhaps giving up with the pain and everything else going on. Difficulty breathing, coughing up blood and other things. But in the end I made it through and got lucky with a trial out of nowhere.

You just never know.

Comments

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member

Congratulations on the good progress. Thank you for updating us.

• feckcancer
    feckcancer Member Posts: 189 Member

Beautiful. Well done. Thank you for the update. Kia kaha 💚

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,288 Member

I've read great things about modified virus treatments, glad to hear from you, and happy it's working for you, stay strong...........................................Dave

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,288 Member

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 784 Member

So happy to hear your good news New. Hope it keeps on and that you never give up. Prayers sent your way.

• PamRav
    PamRav Member Posts: 348 Member

So happy to hear from you. Glad the trial is working out. you are right, you never know!

pam

• DanNH
    DanNH Member Posts: 185 Member

God bless you! I hope the trend continues!

• MandiePandie
    MandiePandie Member Posts: 109 Member

Your resiliency is inspiring. I hope the trial continues to work well.