New to the forum

Options
CTMZ
CTMZ Member Posts: 1 *
edited December 2022 in Skin Cancer #1

This 24 August was Diagnosed with stage 1B melanoma on my lower left back that was Clark’s level 4. Was removed a week later. PET CT done this last week due to heavy night sweating for a year and it revealed four malignant bilateral torso lymph node tumors that measured 1-3 cm and a 1 cm malignant tumor found on left subclavical lymph node and Another tumor was found to be on right side but benign. I see the doctor tomorrow morning to discuss. Anyone have similar symptoms

Comments

• Emanresu1
    Emanresu1 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Just joined the forum today. I am not responding with similar symptoms - just offering encouragement and hope things are good for you.

I was diagnosed with melanoma a couple of weeks ago but it has yet to be staged, but am naturally doing some digging. I also hate to see when folks post but get no response for whatever reason. So this is all I can offer you for now. 🙏🙏

• kaletts
    kaletts Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2022 #3
    Options

I’m also new to the forum - just diagnosed about 2 weeks ago. I don’t have similar symptoms, but like the other commenter above, just wanted to reply for moral support. The waiting for appointments, waiting for test results, just waiting is excruciating. Hope they can get you situated and started on some course of treatment quickly.

• DadSaysCancerSux
    DadSaysCancerSux Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Prior melanoma in 2014, but new symptoms started end of June '22 and routine derm misdag'd growing tumor as a cyst. Saw another Dr end of August due to very fast degradations and multiple lymph nodes swelling aggressively. Imaging done immediately and diagnosed Stage 4 metastatic melanoma with Mets throughout body and brain within days. Luky to have Started aggressive immunotherapy {ipi/nivo +) mid sept. First few weeks were rough, but very positive results now.

HOPE IS OUT THERE!, stay positive minded and I hope that you can get a treatment program near you

P.s. gotta Hate that so many DRs think everything is 'just a cyst'.

• Emanresu1
    Emanresu1 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Yeah, I would think they would be aggressive in doing biopsies, especially with history. As for me, I had a wide area excision and sentinal lymph node biopsy last week. Just awaiting results. So it's either stopped at stage 2 or we'll see. No physical signs of swelling lymph nodes are anything, but we'll see.

Wishing you the best. It does help to see there are others (not that I'm wishing for others mind you) that are willing to share their experiences.

• DadSaysCancerSux
    DadSaysCancerSux Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Been there with the sentinal, axillary nodes and wide excision in 2014. Stay on you surveillance. Mine came back. As your doctor about natera/signatera for long term surveillance if they still have your biopsy tissue. Very cool science