Vision changes

Options
Ritha
Ritha Member Posts: 2 *
edited October 2022 in Breast Cancer #1

Hello,

Seven years ago, I had 5 months of chemo during my breast cancer treatments, in addition to bilateral mastectomy, stretching of the skin for breast restructure, total hysterectomy and oophorectomy. I know my eyesight was effected, because years before I had Lasik, and my eyesight went from 20/15 (better than 20/20,) to going back to my glasses from before Lasik, and now needing another new pair of stronger glasses--but I can't do anything about my glasses NOW b/c I need to get vision insurance, and it doesn't kick in until November. Anywho...I have worked using computers for over 10 years now, and haven't had issues with my vision before. Lately I seem to be having a lot of floaters, blurry vision, and my eyes feel strained all the time at work. It's so bad that I'm afraid I might need to get into a new line of work. My current glasses are not that far off from what they need to be, RX wise, but as I mentioned, I know they need a slight adjustment. I use the blue light lenses currently, so I know that's not an issue.

I have heard from a lot of Cancer survivors that Chemo, as well as other C drugs can be the reason for this, but never thought my eyesight would get THIS bad...THIS SOON. I worry what's going to happen when I get even older! I'm only 44 now.

Any comments, suggestions, helpful tips, ANYTHING? Thanks!