Journey

DD3
DD3 Member Posts: 136 Member
edited October 2022 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

Oh man where to start. Been a member on CSN for quite a while, not active for a long time. Sorry if I babble through this post. First and foremost, I'm a caretaker for my wife. She is a ten-year colon cancer survivor (stage IIB). Everything was going so good for us. Then she was diagnosed with Stage 1B uterine cancer. The specific type escapes me at this time. We were told it is aggressive though. Doc might think it may be a result of the radiation for her colon cancer. Who knows for sure. She went through a total hysterectomy, no adjuvant chemo though. Then they found a spot on her liver. Turn out to be nothing. Caught a break. Anyways she is now in the surveillance stage. CT (with dye) every three months. Hopefully we can beat this cancer too. Sorry for the long/rambling post. Just aggravated/angry/anxious and etc.

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,360 Member

DD3, first -- welcome. I am sorry after all you and your wife have been through you have had to find your way to this board now, but please take a breath. Personally, I found your post neither babbling nor long.

It does sound like you are working with a good team, and while you said she did not undergo any chemo did she have anything else? I suspect you all may have not run "TO" radiation, but that is a possible treatment. Immunotherapy wasn't as broadly adopted 10 years ago as it is today and some deficient mismatch repair or specifically identified genes have been recognized as indicators that respond well to that treatment. I am curious if they have done or suggested any genetic testing? You may want to ask about that if you have not had any yet.

Clearly, your wife is incredibly lucky to have such a wonderful husband. Please let us know more.

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 963 Member

Welcome DD3. So sorry to hear about your wife's new cancer. I agree genetic testing would be good for your wife. Immunotherapy has come a long way. I also wonder why no chemo? The standard for 1B type 2 endometrial cancer is chemo and radiation. I suppose that she cannot have radiation again. Anyway, if you have confidence in her team, they must have their reasons. Yes hopefully she can beat this too. Others here have.