Depressed

Butterfly171963
Butterfly171963 Member Posts: 1 Member
edited October 2022 in Breast Cancer #1

Hi,

I had a mastectomy in 2011. I had DCIS stage 1. I was supposed to have had reconstruction right after my dr removed my left breast, but they found infection in my breast from my second biopsy.So they didn't do the reconstruction. So, I was put on tamoxifen, and that was it. I had a few follow-up appointments for few months, and then nothing. I had no support from anyone. The doctors never added me if I needed anything I didn't know what to do. I added them and they just ssud take the tamoxifen, and good luck. So now it's 2022 and I'm still feeling lost. I just turned 59 years old. I live alone and I'm so depressed. I tried talking with a therapist, and it's like she didn't care about anything I said. So, I'm so lost. I live in West Virginia now. I from Tennessee. Can anyone help me?

Comments

• mimi5000
    mimi5000 Member Posts: 18 Member

I am so sorry that you have not had support from your doctor or therapist. You have accomplished so much with your decisions so far. I would suggest that you find a different therapist to give you the support you deserve and doctor that will listen to your concerns. I've read that others feel much as you do once the active cancer treatment ends. I will be thinking of you and praying that you find help soon.

Hugs

• pmargenau
    pmargenau Member Posts: 3 Member

I’m so sorry your feeling so lost. You made such an enormous decision in 2011. I’m obviously not a therapist (I’m a chemo patient), but have you possibly tried finding a new oncologist?

if you speak with your primary care they should be able to help navigate you.

im happy that you’ve had no symptoms but living in the unknown is incredibly scary.

Sending you hugs!!

• achamp
    achamp Member Posts: 6 Member
    edited November 2022 #4

I don’t live in your area, but I’ll chat with you. No one should be going through this alone or unsupported. Have you thought of trying a prayer group? I was just diagnosed 3 weeks ago, and I’m 36. I find that when I pray and listen to scripture and stories of the saints, I feel peaceful afterwards and not so depressed. Of course the waves of emotion come crashing in again, but then I just do it all over. [edited by CSN]. I pray for you Butterfly that the Lord offer your heart peace and guide you to the right people to help you reach your light. May he steer those who are cold if heart away from you and bring those who love and have compassion into your life. Amen.