Triple positive breast cancer

Options
Shony1982
Shony1982 Member Posts: 7 Member
edited October 2022 in Breast Cancer #1

Hello, I am 40 years old and was diagnosed with Infiltrating ductal carcinoma of left breast. It is stage 1, gade 2 during my first mammogram. I had a Stereotactic breast biopsy done, mri of breast, and ultrasound guided axillary lymph node biopsy done, and Myraid genetic testing done. Lymph nodes negative and genetic testing negative. Tumor size 1cm. Waiting for surgery date. Will have lumpectomy, chemo, radiation, and hormone therapy. I hope the schedule surgery soon. I pray it doesn't spread before surgery. All results came back September 2, 2022. I need a surgery date ASAP cause I'm freaking out that it will spread. Surgeon said I have "old lady cancer" whatever that means.

Comments

• Bella1963
    Bella1963 Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Shoney1982, I guess I’m the “old lady” your surgeon spoke of. My breast cancer sounds exactly like yours. Size, location, and triple positive.However, I also had a DCIS in the same breast. I was also concerned about what seemed like delays in my treatment and therefore would it effect my outcome? But what I have learned is that our cancers have been there growing for about 5-10yrs. Trust in your providers that you have chosen. But remember, voice concerns with them. You are going through this and THIS is YOUR life and your surgeon knows it. More importantly, your surgeon KNOWS what they are doing. I know that doesn’t remove the anxiety. I am only about a month and a half a head of you (3 of 12 doses of Taxol & Herceptin in). I still have many sleepless, anxiety filled nights….. or maybe it’s the steroids 😁. You are your own best advocate. Ask LOTS of questions. Remember, you have got this and you are NOT ALONE!!!

• Shony1982
    Options
  • Chevygirl54
    Chevygirl54 Member Posts: 1 *
    Options

Shoney 1982, I too had what sounds like the same diagnosis in 2015. I was 59 years young. I had a lumpectomy, and sentinel gland removed (no cancer in gland) I had 12 weeks (1 a week) chemotherapy taxol/paxol, Herceptin once a month for a year and 20 days of radiation. Then 5 years of Tamoxifen. I’m a 7 year survivor and doing great!! I was a runner before BC , with support of my running friends and family I continued to run. (Many times barely walking) but made it to the finish line. You’re gonna do great!! Stay positive always look ahead:)

• Shony1982
    Options