Second Opinion

MUFanCA
MUFanCA Member Posts: 1 *
edited October 2022 in Prostate Cancer #1

I am 70 years old and recently diagnosed with prostate cancer. I am a member of Kaiser HMO and while care has been good so far it is difficult to find a completely objective opinion on treatment since everyone specializes, even in different forms of radiation treatment. Does anyone have a good source for a second opinion who can look at my history, biopsy, etc. and give an objective opinion on the best treatment? I live in the Los Angeles area but since this could be done remotely, I would consider referrals in other parts of the country.

Comments

• VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,641 Member

Hi,

Welcome to the board.

I wonder which tests and exams you have done.

In any case, I would recommend you to meet a medical oncologist specialized in peostate cancer.

Typically, confirmed contained cases are treated by urologists, and none contained cases are treated by radiotherapists. But medical oncologists may give you an unbiased opinion.

You can find them in major hospitals like UCLA.

Survivors in this foram can also help you with opinions based on their experience.

Best wishes in your journey.

VG

• Clevelandguy
    Clevelandguy Member Posts: 999 Member
    edited October 2022 #3

Hi,

If you do want to go remote both the Cleveland Clinic and University Hospital in Cleveland Ohio have excellent facilities and doctors to deal with all versions of Prostate cancer. Cleveland Clinic is world renowned for their heart surgeon’s and other specialties. As Vasco says hopefully other people with geographic favorites will pop up.

Dave 3+4