Lymph nodes and pressure in veins

Options
Wendy626
Wendy626 Member Posts: 1 Member

Hello,

I've was diagnosed with uterine cancer about 6 weeks ago, had a total hysterectomy along with lymph node removal, (I've not yet found out how many or if all were removed from my groin area-I will be asking at my follow-up visit in a few days). I also haven't gotten my staging yet. My question is, my right inner leg veins seem to be buldging, not hot or pain, but noticeable pressure. Is this something anyone else has experienced? I'm walking, not sitting for long periods, or any other changes. Any comments? Would some type of compression socks help? I try to keep my legs elevatedated when I can, I limit sodium, and I wear loose clothing. Thanks for any input.

Comments

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 972 Member
    Options

Welcome Wendy626. Sorry to read about your diagnosis. 6 weeks sounds like a very long time to wait to get your staging information. Why so long? I would call my surgeons office and leave a message about your bulging veins. A doctor should have a look at your legs. Veins are different from lymph nodes. We have a separate lymph system. Your doctor needs to decide if compression socks would help. It could be a lot of causes.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,371 Member
    Options

Thanks Forherself! I do agree the best thing to do is call the office and tell them what is going on. No one here are doctors, just other patients, and while we can share our experiences , it is more on how we get through things than what we have.

When I called they got me right in to get it checked out, and when they realized it was lymphedema I got the proper therapy and was fitted for an appropriate garment.

• Kim7557
    Kim7557 Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Hi Wendy! Congratulations on getting your treatment completed. It's a big milestone and one that is worth a celebration. Please be sure to check in with your doctors about the swelling. It is critical to your long long long term quality of life after cancer that you receive treatment for lymphedema as soon as you can, and that you receive the appropriate garments to mitigate it. It's easy to handle if it is treated early and consistently.