Help me help

Options
buckshotgal50
buckshotgal50 Member Posts: 1 *
edited September 2022 in Lung Cancer #1

My mother in law had her biopsy yesterday, though her Dr is sure it's cancer. Her pet scan 2 weeks ago found it in so many places, with the main mass in her right lung being 3.5 inches diameter. She is an amazing woman, my husband and her are extremely close, and I absolutely adore her and my father in law. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to help when they live 1500 miles away. My father in law is feeling completely hopeless and my husband keeps talking as if she is for sure going to die. Mom is just a big planner and focussing on making sure everything is taken care of, her will, insurance ect. I'm texting them both daily, sending little jokes, prayers ect. I can't call easily because I live in the middle of nowhere and have to drive to get cell service to talk. What can I say or do from a distance to help them through this? I've already told them if they need my help I will fly down to help, but I will have to make arrangements for other things here. ( Farm life). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Debbie1951
    Debbie1951 Member Posts: 1 *
    Options

It sounds like you are doing all that you can with the distance being so great. I would make arrangements ahead of time for the help you will need at home for when you need to go visit & help out in person. I am new to this site & trying to learn how to post my own issue with my sister having stage 1 Adenocarcinoma - but a PET scan is scheduled & I feel it has spread. She is a 3 year survivor of uterine cancer. Best of luck to your mother-in-law & your whole family. Prayers being sent.