Bilateral hilar lymphadenopathy

Options
Lynn_65
Lynn_65 Member Posts: 63 Member
edited September 2022 in Lung Cancer #1

I was in the ER Saturday for what had been diagnosed as cellulitis 2 weeks earlier. I had many tests including a chest X-ray followed by a CT scan that showed bilateral hilar lymphadenopathy. It was suggested I follow up with my oncologist on Monday. He has suggested a PET scan. 

I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. I was diagnosed with clear cell renal cell carcinoma in January 2020, followed by removal of 20% of my left kidney. Pathology report was good with clear margins, Fuhrman grade 2, pT1apNX, greatest dimension 2.6 cm, no sarcomatoid or rhabdoid differentiation.

My oncologist is very cautious and I have a ct scan every 6 months. This was not present on last one in June. I am of course very anxious. The wait for a PET scan is several weeks, unless there is a cancellation.

Any response is appreciated.

Comments

• Lynn_65
    Lynn_65 Member Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Update: PET scan was Wednesday and received results Thursday.

The radiologist’s impression reads “interval development of extensive hyper metabolic and pathologically enlarged hilar/mediastinal adenopathy. In addition there is a right upper lobe nodule measuring 1cm in size. This could be due to primary lung neoplasm, inflammatory process such as sarcoidosis, lymphoma, or metastatic disease. Consider mediastinal node sampling.”

So my oncologist has referred me to a pulmonologist to have a biopsy by EBUS. Meet with him Monday for consultation. 

Still unsure of what all this means, but at least my appointment with pulmonologist is soon.