Rise in CA125 in 6 months after last chemo

Options
larcon3922
larcon3922 Member Posts: 29 Member
edited September 2022 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

Has anyone experience a rise in CA-125 in 6 months after the last chemo. Mine jumped from 9 to 40 and I’m alarmed. I’m having CT scan of the chest, abdomen, and pelvis next Friday, 9/23/22. I felt some pressure in my lower abdomen that is going away now . I was off from zejula for about a month because of the side effects but now back on it with lower dosage (100mg daily) for about 1.5 weeks. Can someone please respond if you had a similar experience? Much, much appreciated. Also if someone who are long time survivors share what food they ate? Thanks again.

Comments

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

I haven’t had the same experience as you since the CA125 test was never a marker for me. But I have had a couple of other worrisome symptoms over the past few years that I feared were caused by a recurrence. In my case, these were false alarms, but I was glad that my doctors ordered the CT-scans promptly. Despite that, waiting for the tests and the results was very hard.

While the rise in the CA125 may indicate a recurrence, it can also be caused by other things such as inflammations. So, for now, try to do things that you enjoy and can get your mind off a worst-case scenario, even if it’s only for a few minutes at a time.

I just read an article this morning about the benefits of an hour walk in a nature setting to relieve anxiety. While I live in an urban area, we’re fortunate to have lots of parks and forest preserves within walking distance. So even if you’re already walking around your neighborhood or at a fitness center, you may want to seek out a nature-based area to see if a walk in that location helps a little with your anxiety. Read more at https://www.nature.com/articles/s41380-022-01720-6

I can’t give any advice regarding diet. Since I’ve had Type 2 diabetes for over 20 years, I try to eat a balanced diet that keeps my blood sugars where they should be. But there is a long-time member, takingcontrol58, who made significant changes to her diet and supplement regimen as a result of her cancer diagnosis. You can read her profile by clicking at https://csn.cancer.org/profile/comments/takingcontrol58

She doesn’t check this site that often anymore so she may not see your post, but you can try sending her a private message.

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 990 Member
    Options

I do not have a CA- 125 done. My doctor did not order it. It is not a reliable marker for endometrial cancer according to many doctors. I'm sorry this has worried you and I hope it is just from inflammation.

• hopeful66
    hopeful66 Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Thanks so much for sharing. Reading this post is very encouraging and informative.

• larcon3922
    larcon3922 Member Posts: 29 Member
    Options

Hello, quick update here. Before the bloodwork above, I started having some (I thought) UTI symptoms. Most UTI symptoms resolve on its own so I thought nothing of it. Most noticeable is the lower abdominal pain and discomfort when urination. The stream is not the same and having some foaming. While my eGFR are normal little did I know that I developed a hydronephrosis and hydroureter, plain and simple there is urine being retained and stretching my right kidney. I did a CT scan of chest, abdomen, and pelvis. Lo and behold, there is a mass on the right pelvis so I will have to undergo a laparoscopy and we are all praying, not have to go to a full surgery. I might also be switch from Zejula to Avastin. Very distraught about the news of course but putting it into context, at least my oncologist found out early about it and being proactive. Lesson learned, no more sugar and process food, not that I indulged a lot on them, but I did have some here and there after a big meal. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers, I keep you in mine too. I covet all of your prayers.

P.S. Thank you pepeOrlando, taking your advisement seriously and starting my own Microbiome.

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 990 Member
    Options

Larcon3922 I am sorry to read about your scan. I pray for your procedure to not require surgery. Hugs and care to you.

Sue

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,398 Member
    Options

Larcon, I am sorry to hear what was found. You remind us all we must know our bodies and demand answers. Please let us know how it goes. Hugs dear one.