Zometa Infusions

Options
Sadie2022
Sadie2022 Member Posts: 15 Member
edited March 29 in Breast Cancer #1

Going for my first zometa infusion and would appreciate any feedback on experiences.

Comments

• annped
    annped Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

I too am scheduled to have a Zometa infusion and would like feedback on experiences.

• Sadie2022
    Options

I have now had 3 Zometa infusions and so far so good.

I drink lots of water before I go for the infusion which seems to really help.

No adverse reactions or symptoms and will be anxious to have my next bone density test to see if they have helped my bones.

• Qile
    Qile Member Posts: 2 *
    Options

Are you taking only Zometa, or are you also getting a steroid as well? When my mom was being treated for bone density concerns, they gave her a steroid which left her feeling great for the day of treatment, but really fatigued the day afterwards.

The lesson we learned from that treatment process was to not allow her to overdo it with walking or exercising, since she would want to push herself with the extra boost of energy that the steroid gave her. That might be a concern for you as well.

• Sadie2022
    Options

Only taking the Zometa - no steroid.

I walk about 5 miles a day and I usually take the day off that I receive the infusion but other than that one day I am right back to my usual routine of walking.

• annped
    annped Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Thank you so much for your input! I am still on the fence as the treatment is mainly recommended for bone density after taking Letrozol and I would need to pay out of pocket since fortunately, this year I have not hit my deductible! Is there someone who can comment that Zometa really helped improve their bone density? I have a friend who was pre-osteoporosis recommend I try Osteostrong vs infusion.

• Qile
    Qile Member Posts: 2 *
    Options

It sounds like it's working well for you! 5 miles of walking daily is incredible. Props to you for keeping it up.